Monday, 29 June 2015

Everything is Coming up Roses


Well hello there from post partum sartorial pergutory! As my days are spent attending the crazy feeding regime of a three month old baby rather than composing new outfits, I sadly haven't much to share in the way of fashionable outfits anymore.  These day it's whatever I can clobber together that is breastfeeding friendly before Baby V starts getting hungry and vocal about it.  So I thought I'd share previous outfits that didn't manage to make the blog before the hiatus of last year.

In my last post I shared the outfit I wore to our university college black tie reunion dinner. This time I thought I'd share what I wore to breakfast the next day. The photos were taken in the grounds of the student accommodation we used to board in and the gardens are absolutely beautiful. Immaculately tended and bursting with different flowers from the beginning of spring right through to the end of summer.


You might have already guessed the theme of this outfit.  Florals are being touted as big news in fashion for Spring and Summer thus year.  But then again it is rare that they are not.  With nature bursting into bloom all around it's impossible not to be inspired by the riot of colour.  Roses are amongst my favourite flowers in the garden so they feature in my wardrobe too in the form of prints.

The beginning of summer marks the time when the roses start to bloom in our garden. Last year I went mad planting roses in the garden. I made a small rose garden under our white climbing rose with a selection of miniature and full size rose bushes in various colours and Mr V made a huge effort to apply rose fertiliser. This year we are reaping the rewards and seeing so many roses blooming.


I've had this hand knitted cardigan with roses for the better part of a decade now and still love it.  So too the satin raincoat in the shot below.  The top and skirt ensemble is one I've worn before on this blog.  It's a giant rose print top and skirt by Vivienne Westwood I fell in love with. It cost a pretty penny but I know I'll get years of wear out of it. My reasoning is if you buy things you love you will get wear out of them for years to come.


I hope to post my Sicily outfits in the near future but for now it's back to the feeding merry go round with me. Hope you are enjoying the summer and wishing you all a wonderful week!


Rose print top and skirt: Vivienne Westwood Anglomania; Rose strewn hand knitted cardigan: Marilyn Moore; Wedge espadrilles: Topshop; Raincoat: Chine; Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs

7 comments:

  1. Big love & congrats to you & your little one, V! Great to 'see' you! I can relate to falling head-over-heels for that VW print. Thanks for featuring all of this bursting into bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is well in your world!

    Love the Anglomania pieces.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect dress for such a beautiful back drop

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you and your darling baby are doing well! It's great to see you, coming up roses for sure. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you looking blooming gorgeous (geddit?!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous outfit in a beautiful setting - my student accommodation was nothing at all like that!
    I do remember that feeding frenzy with babies - my son was a real guzzler and pinned me to the sofa for hours on end for feeds. He's sitting next to me now, aged 11, and is appalled by the notion! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect patterned dress for such a beautiful back drop. love yourclothing patterns

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...