Monday, 2 June 2014

Frills and Fringing


Well hello there!  What's been happening in blogland?  I've been away in Spain for some time, had my parents descend on me in London for a week and had a flamenco performance with a concert pianist to prepare for which has put a stop to any regular online activity for a good while.

A longer break in Spain was just what I needed.  I managed to pack in my dance classes, get a couple of new costumes made, catch up with old friends, show my parents around Andalucia and attend the local feria (more of that in posts to come!).  I'm feeling recharged and inspired and have some wonderful moments from our trip to share.

In the meanwhile here is what I wore to the feria one evening.  A lesson I've learnt from Andalusian women about how to dress: regardless of whatever the current fashion may be, learn the art of wearing frills and fringing to flatter the female form and they will always make you feel womanly in a good way.  So I'll go for both together.  More is always more in my book.

Joining Patti and the ladies over at Visible Monday!

Dress: old Topshop; Jacket: Kate Moss for Topshop; Bag: gift from Mum; Earrings: Bisturia Brigette; Espardrilles: bought in Spain

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful lighting, photos, dress and you, V. It's wonderful to see you again, and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always!! I've missed you but I've been AWOL too, so it's serendipitous that we checked in at the same time. I agree, fringe is ALWAYS good!!! I also like tassels. You look beautiful and I'm glad to know all's well. XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back! I just came back into blogland too. :) I love the kimono-esque fringed shawl/jacket; you look lovely as always. Hope you share some more from your trip to Spain! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you again! Your Spanish trip sounds great, and feminine frills and fringing are always a joy! I look forward to hearing and seeing more about your travels. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I adore that outfit, that shawl is just beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! The shawl is stunning. I love the fans in your hair too.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that motto, learning the art of wearing frills and fringing, it truly does make you feel feminine and quite beautiful. You wear this art form extremely well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you're out and about, both in the wide wonderful world and in cyber space. You look completely romantic and wonderful in your very beautiful dress. What an amazing and delicious jacket. I'm in such love with it, of course. You make an espadrille into evening wear. Wow. A bit of a wait to see what you'd do next, but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How utterly lovely, V - and recharged and inspired is even better! That shawl is a treasure. (I haven't been around much myself, but was so glad to see you posting earlier this year and now too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love that KM jacket, so woodstock rock n'roll!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...