Saturday, 15 June 2013

Supersize My Florals


I'm all over floral prints at the moment and I took every opportunity I could while on holiday in Spain to indulge in a fashion fest of the most flowery concoctions I could summon from my closet.  On route the innards of my suitcase resembled an overstocked florist - just how I like it really.  This crisp white cotton skirt with a giant rose print is my latest love.  Very feminine, very fifties and very Vivienne Westwood!  It has a matching corset style top in that signature Westwood tailoring which when worn as an outfit looks very Marie Antoinette.  However I thought I'd try the skirt with something more casual for a drive down the southern Spanish coast - a simple white tee shirt, a broderie anglaise jacket, some white espadrilles, a nude belt and a floral embossed metal cross.


Mr V and I usually hire a car when we're in Spain and drive out to the Costa del Luz for a whole glorious day lounging on the beach.  If we drive back late into town sometimes it isn't possible to get back to where we are staying and get dressed up in something nice to meet friends in time for dinner.  To solve the problem of packing a separate outfit to change into post-beach I just decided to wear something nice all day that I could change back into after the beach.

Speaking of flowers the wild flowers in Spain had really gone wild this year.  We stopped along the coast to admire the countryside which was in full bloom.  The combination of much heavier than usual rainfall and slightly cooler weather for longer has meant the normally dry, parched landscape got a decent drenching which has resulted in the local flora rejoicing.


I quite enjoyed wearing this skirt on the beach.  It felt light and pretty and almost of another era. 


As you can see I was looking suitably dishevelled after the beach and long drive home.  But the addition of accessories like the belt, necklace, jacket and a floral scarf to keep the evening wind chill at bay was enough to take me from beach to tapas bar.


I submitted this outfit a while ago to the "How I Wear My..." series hosted by Jill at Everything Just So and Adrienne of The Rich Life On a Budget.  Florals are one of my favourite wardrobe items so I was especially looking forward to seeing what everyone wore on this edition, and if you love florals it is worth going over there to see some stylish ladies wearing florals in their own individual ways.

How do you wear florals?

Linking up this week to Visible Monday over at Patti's Not Yet Dead Style.

Skirt: Vivienne Westwood Anglomania; Espadrilles: bought in Spain; Metal flower embossed cross and belt: Mango; Tee shirt: Cos; Broderie Anglaise jacket: Kate Moss for Topshop; Floral scarf: 21% Lino; Bag: Michael by Michael Kors

18 comments:

  1. What a fabulous skirt! I love the bold floral print, and how you've styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful floral skirt, and magic photos.
    The heat finally arrive. Today we are well over 36ºc.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so gorgeous!!!! I want to see it with the corset top, too. The beach and wildflowers looks perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a delight to see your beautiful skirt worn two ways!! I love the beach picture and then the "tapas" picture. The only thing missing is the skirt with the matching top!! It sounds amazing. I like larger florals like this and you remind me that I have some fabric tucked away that really needs to be used for something wonderful. I love your shoes too.

    Congrats on your new home!! It's so much fun to create your own nest. I see another magazine collection in your future. :-) My decor collection is much bigger than my fashion one. I love World of Interiors, in addition to Elle Decor (sometimes). Sometimes Objekt (out of the Netherlands) has some very interesting stuff. With your fabulous taste in clothes, I can only imagine what you'll do over time with your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How incredibly gorgeous! What a fabulous day for it too. :)
    Thanks also for your kind comment, V! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful skirt, I love florals too - of all sizes! The beach looks gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous skirt for the beach or any day! You look wonderful, great to see you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a glorious rose skirt, I'm in love! Brilliant to see how you've styled it with those simple clean white lines, the espadrilles in particular spell 'summer holiday'! Can't wait to see it with the matching jacket sometime, for some heavenly Marie Antoinette action....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a wonderful skirt. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous in white with the lush floral print! A big skirt with exotic print is on my wishlist and I was quite surprised to see yours is by VW. Oh I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love a big bold floral and the print on yours is a stunner! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So feminine and beautiful, looks like the perfect outfit for a perfect day - and I love how you styled your outfit in the evening with the scarf. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What stunning photos! I do love the nod to fifties style of the skirt, it's such a lovely print. x/Madison :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, that's an epic print ... completely beautiful with a high drama and still feels minimal in a very interesting way! Lovely you in it, of course! You have the chops to wear this drama very, very well!
    Sorry you had trouble posting at my place, but so glad to see you finally got through! I was hoping to see some of your dance fans, if you ever get them unpacked! Sorry you don't find them fun to dance with yet, or did I misunderstand. I'd be so happy if you could do at least a brief post on fans and flamenco some day! Mine are just for play and cooling off in my "tropical moments" ... your's are for ART!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are gorgeous in florals. You inspire me to take a look in my closet and see what's waiting for an outing. I know I can find something tucked away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Florals are so timeless. That's a beautiful skirt! I've been inhabiting floral trousers nearly every other day over here and need to remind myself to cycle other bottoms in. Otherwise, people might see me in the same pants all the time and wonder if I ever wash them! (and I'm not as organized as my cousin who would actually write down every daily outfit just to ensure she was never caught wearing something twice) - J xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...