Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Pinning It Forward



A quick post to say hello to everyone and to say that I have finally moved house!  The boxes are still to be unpacked properly and I am here on borrowed time on someone else's broadband to sneak a post in.  I hope you are all doing well and I'm looking forward to getting back to blogland on a regular basis to say hello, that is once British Telecom decide to actually turn up to their appointment to hook us up to the internet!

A while back the nice people over at Pinterest asked me to participate in a Pin It Forward online event.  I quite like Pinterest - I think of it as the online version of scrap booking.  Offline I habitually collect inspiring pictures of fashion, interiors and art amongst other things from magazines or newspapers.  I always promise myself that one day I'll collate them into a wonderful mish mash of beautiful things and ideas, all pasted together in scrap books.  Well, they've pretty much all stayed collecting dust in various boxes and drawers!

Pinterest is my much more organised online version of such scrap books.  I often use it to make guilt free wish lists for the wardrobe, to record catwalk collections I've loved, to share my love of shoes and just generally to collect inspiring images around the internet to flick through at leisure later.  Unlike a desk drawer my Pinterest boards remain remarkably tidy!



Now that we are in our new place and thinking about how we are going to redecorate in the coming months, I will be adding to my Dream Home board for inspiration.  If anyone knows of any cool interiors sites do point me in their direction!



My favourite Pinterest board has to be my Flamenco board.  Funnily enough I've actually found images of myself dancing pinned on Pinterest from this blog under other Pinners' boards under Flamenco!  Like the image of me in my cream bata de cola which I've featured at the top of this post and which I repinned from someone else's board onto mine today.  It's strange to find yourself being pinned on Pinterest - even stranger to repin yourself onto your own board!



As part of Pin It Forward we are asked to introduce another Pinner and I am pleased to introduce Yan To to you all.  Yan is a London based fashion designer (now being stocked in Chelsea boutiques!) who is also on Pinterest here where he showcases his work and sources of inspiration.  You can check out his current SS13 collection which features some very funky textured dresses here.  My favourite from the collection is this inky column maxi which looks like it could be made out of rows and rows of tiny feathers.

Anyway I hope you are all well. Once I'm back online I will be around to say hello!

20 comments:

  1. Nice to see you, V. I agree that Pinterest is a world of fun, and so much neater than my previous scrapbooks! Your Flamenco picture at top is gorgeous. Pinterest has some fabulous interior design ideas, too. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Hello, and glad you're back!
    Know you're short of time, so ...

    *Thanks for all links ... will see them all this pm.
    *You look mahhhhvelllloussss. Good to know some things don't change.
    * Shoes ... OF COURSE!!!!!
    * Pinterest ... may have to go and finally figure it out if you find photos as interesting as Seductive Spanish Lady.
    * Yan! Cool.
    See you soon, or when you get technology back, whichever comes first. Glad for your good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've moved!! It's always more work than you think it's going to be... I've used pinterest a bit, but haven't totally gotten into it. Very cool to see dance pics of yourself!
    Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you back! With your usual gorgeous photos. The Flamenco photos and the shoes made my evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back! Hope you're enjoying your new place. Great selection of images, love the picture of you dancing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you pop up in my inbox, Miss V! Glad the move went well. Loving the fancy shoes on the swanky armchair. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your move went well!

    --C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thrilled to "see" you, V! Stunning top photo, well-deserves the wider audience. All best with settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo happy to see you! Glad the move is over and now the fun of decorating can begin. I love frommoontomoon.blogspot.com and someone just turned me on to houzz.com. Your photo at the top is utterly gorgeous. The dress, your hair, the pose, everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're all moved in! Houzz.com and HGTV.com's Designers Portfolio were my go-to's for decorating inspiration when I moved into my house two years ago. Tons of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous images, especially the pic of you!
    Glad the move went well, good luck with the unpacking, and with BT! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a big fan of Pinterest but you have "pinspired" me to give it another try.

    Lovely images, and I guess I now like the idea of getting rid of "scrapbook" plans and just enjoying the act of curation online.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, so nice to see a post from you. Glad that you're sorted in the new place. Great pins, especially the black dress, I am loving that one! xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the move! Enjoy your set up time. Perhaps your pinterest inspirations will translate themselves into your new space.

    How incredible to have your own images pinned up. Such a confirmation of what you do well ... Love that column maxi you posted too! - J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to have you back! And with such gorgeous images too. I'm a fellow pinner, am now following some of your boards so do come find me if you fancy! I'm pinning under the name Emalina Eve. Enjoy settling into your new home my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your move!)
    I think I can look at your dancing pictures for hours, honestly. They have so much power and passion! I'm even thinking about starting flamenco classes when I'll return to Ukraine from Thailand)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving PAPELICOS, I was in PINTEREST like a shot.
    I do like you, and also love it.
    Estamos buscando casa en Málaga capital, así es que muy liados.
    Un abrazo grande.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. V!!! Congratulations on the move. I've missed you - and wish we could have seen you at the Albert Hall, hope that went well.

    I've been following you on Pinterest from the start, and would love to re-pin that top shot of you - and was trying to figure which board to put it on, but maybe I need to start a Flamenco board too! I agree: it's my favourite of your boards.

    Please let me know when you're ready for pancakes!! Hope you're enjoying your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now that I finally got my head around how Pinterest works I, too, find it genius! I used to download interesting fashion or other photos and keep them on my desktop in folders - how cumbersome.
    But to come across one's own photo, that must have been exiting.
    have fun with decorating!
    xx juli
    fragmentsofmyclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...