Sunday, 10 February 2013

Christmas Pics


I've been wading through the backlog of my holiday photos.  I know Christmas is probably a distant memory for most people by now but I hope you don't mind if I share some random headless family shots from my Christmas with you.  It was probably one of the most fun Christmases I've had as almost all the extended family turned up.  It was baking hot and we had a pool at our disposal as well as a fabulous outside cocktail bar on the verandah.


Me in my Christmas dress from Cue accessorised with a caipirinha.  I bought this in the sales in Perth which, lucky for me, started early this year.  I loved the embroidered flowers on this creamy cotton mix dress, so very Louis Vuitton SS 2012.  It made the perfect Christmas Day dress as the empire line cut and voluminous cut of the skirt meant I'd suffer no discomfort after second helpings of Christmas lunch!


Lil' Sis in Collette Dinnigan neon orange embroidered dress accessorised with matching nail polish.  Cunningly also going for an empire line cut with voluminous skirt to allow for second helpings of Christmas lunch.  Despite improving over the years Western Australia remains a very dressed down place and footwear is usually optional.  I've been to pubs not too long ago where there are signs saying "Minimum Dress Standard: Footwear"


I however thought I'd raise the tone by wearing sparkly footwear in the form of a pair of very old beaded leather flip flops from Zara.  They were a bit dark for this dress and I'd have preferred some glitzy high heels but they would have been OTT for a post pool party.  These were the only evening-ish flip flops I'd manage to pack as my summer staple day to evening holiday shoe, a pair of gem encrusted tan leather sandals (also from Zara) died last summer.


Those are my sister's pet Labradors Busta and Honey in the background.  The pooches approve I think.


Lil' Bro No. 1. Architect and interior designer extraordinaire. Can you tell by the tee and matching cushion? Accessorised with i-Phone to which he seems permanently attached.  Usually armed with a top of the range Canon SLR with a very powerful portrait lens.  Also the man behind some of these photos.


Let the margarita drinking competition begin!


Lil' Bro No. 2.  Margarita and caipirinha mixer extraordinaire.


Also doubles as oyster shucker extraordinaire.  These were the preparations for the oyster eating competition.


Lemon wedges and tabasco sauce at the ready.  Mr. V. tucks in!  The other man behind some of these photos.


Christmas lunch and not a turkey or brussel sprout in sight.  In my family it is all about the food!  Our traditional fayre consists of roast pork, rolled roast duck, cold roast ham, king prawns, chicken pie and mixed salads.


My favourite - dessert! Everyone was asked to bring a plate. There was cheesecake, chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, fruit cake, lemon tart, a cheese platter and fresh fruit.  Thank the lord for loose fitting dresses!


Traditional Christmas pineapple tarts which Mr V. and I slaved over on Christmas Eve cutting little pastry circles, spoon filling them with jam and topping them off with our hand cut decorations.  Jam and shortcrust pastry courtesy of my master chef mother.


Lil' Bro No. 2. teaching Mum how to make caipirinhas.  Go Mum!  Mum in burgundy dress by Topshop.


Pooch No. 1.  Gus the Australian sheepdog.


Pooch No. 2.  Busta the Labrador accessorised with Christmas antlers.


Christmas present opening is usually carnage - when it comes to distributing presents amongst thirty odd relatives the process quickly degenerates into chaos!


Mr V. and I at the end of the night, well oiled!

This week I'm linking up to Visible Monday over at Not Yet Dead Style.

21 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Gorgeous embroidery on you and neon orange on Lil' Sis, clever ladies! Your Mum's outfit colour is great, as are all the guys' stripes, florals, and graphics. Beautiful family, bountiful celebration - present mayhem, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! A big family party with gorgeous dresses, fabulous food, and adorable doggies. Love your little ivory dress, V. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved this post! your outfit is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is lovely. Lots of pictures! Definitely appreciated the food pics, haha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so lovely!!! I'll take "Lil' Bro No. 2. Margarita and caipirinha mixer extraordinaire"!!!! Those are talents I admire lolzzzz!
    Love all the party dresses and those little pineapple tarts look so yummy,
    Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun photos! And the food and beverages looked great too. I can see why you had such a good time.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time, I think I want to party with you and the fam!!! What a glorious time you must have had. Your dresses, the food, and the DRINKS!! Beautiful and delicious, I'm sure.

    Thanks for the holiday fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you invite me on your next family gathering?? What fun! Food & drinks & loved ones & doggies! Can't think of anything better!
    Both of your dresses are so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your family holiday post. So fabulous and fun!! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dogs in antlers, bare feet and party dresses? that's my kind of Xmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had such a glorious (and delicious) family christmas, how lovely! Beautiful white dress you're wearing too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your holiday, your family, food, drinks, pets and your festive cream dress with embroidered flowers. I can see that you and your family know how to enjoy and celebrate each other. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, the embroidered dress is just so beautiful, and your family holiday celebrations look to have been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely holiday you had. Those prawns are pretty impressive! Your dress is lovely. I just saw this morning where colored lace is going to be in for our spring and summer. You are ahead of everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fitst of all, A HUGE thank you for being one of my first followers! It means the world to me.

    Secondly, what an amazing Christmas! Will your family please adopt me? I've always wondered what it must be like to celebrate Christmas in the middle of summer. It looks more fun than I ever imagined. And I love the dresses that you and your sister wore.

    So, do Christmas cards depict tropical Christmas scenes instead of wintery wonderlands? More importantly, does Santa wear a red Speedo? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to catch up with you! What an amazing Christmas ... and you look pretty, relaxed and way too much at home in summer dresses! I didn't get a chance to comment on the London snow pics, but I was completely done in by your tea photos at the British Museum. I can't say "Wow!!!" loudly or enthusiastically enough. What a dream tea-party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved that you shared your holiday photos. Your Christmas dress is lovely, I also love the neon orange that your sis wore. Seems wonderful and so relaxing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Preciosos vestidos y deliciosa comida, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christmas photos in February are a delight to see, especially those taken in a hot climate with people having a good time eating and drinking with dogs hanging about. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That lace dress is just adorable. i want it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...