Monday, 15 October 2012

Matching Florals


Pardon me while I attempt to blend into the fussy surroundings. I last posted about my new found love of clashing floral prints which I'll be taking from Summer into Autumn and Winter.  I'll also be taking a love of the opposing matching florals with me too.  I love the pyjama feel of this silk floral print trouser suit.  Most days I do feel that I look exactly like someone who just rolled out of bed.  So this kind of aesthetic is right up my street.  At least now I can feel like I've just rolled out of bed and managed to look vaguely elegant and put together at the same time.


I really enjoyed wearing these floral print trousers with the matching tee shirt over the summer.  So much so that when I found the long sleeved, collared shirt in the summer sales, I bought it with the intent of extending the matching trouser suit theme into the cooler months.  Again with some layers over for warmth, warm tights and boots, I think this outfit could see me nicely into the party season.


I say floral print but, as those who are familiar with the work of designer Hermoine de Paula will know, they aren't really flowers, but cleverly painted birds posing as flowers.  The contrasting black collar, cuffs and yoke detail on the black back all work to keep the shirt quite smart despite its romantic and feminine print.


While I was fishing around the internet for a bit of information on the designer I was interested to see that she happens to be a pal of none other than Florence Welsh, and that Florence herself bought this very same outfit!


Linking up to Not Yet Dead Style's Visible Monday!

Silk floral and Trouser Suit: Hermoine de Paula; Shoes: Zara

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what a beautiful outfit and it looks so good on you. How cool that Florence also has this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic florals (or should I say fauna?)! I love the elongating look of the matching top and bottom. -- J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. its just a lovely look! And I'm glad you mentioned the florals were birds. I had to do a double-take.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you are looking so chic in this and I agree this floral blouse and pants can work in the fall and winter months. The floral pattern is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Qué maravilla floral, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Siempre estuviste en el mío. Voy a ver...
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know they're birds I love it even more! What a gorgeous ensemble, you and Florence have exquisite taste! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, spectacular!!! I have a particular fondness for birds, and was in love with this outfit even before you pointed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is an absolutely beautiful outfit and looks stunning on you. I love the black fabric sections on the back that add just enough toughness to it all. Fabulous, absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really bridges fine art and fashion in the best way. I'm charmed that your little shoes work so perfectly! Matching, but modern. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing outfit!!! I love it!!
    If you want, we can follow each other!! let me know!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very unique and pretty and looks beautiful on you. Not everyone can pull off this look...but it looks so fresh on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally elegant and delicious! This silk floral print looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's BEAUTIFUL! I like this even more than your last one. Seriously having to look for flowery suits now. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a BEAUTIFUL outfit!! It's like art! While they make a dramatic statement worn together, they can still be "less dramatic" worn separately and still be just as gorgeous! Love this look! Hugs to you girly!! Serene

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - I love this fabulous outfit so much! If I had those pants I would never take them off EVER! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are the QUEEN of clashing, this is a beautiful outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Birds as flowers... clever! The suit is so lovely, yet has very strong lines. I think of the glamourous lounging suits from the classic movies... le sigh

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this, it looks like a jump suit. I bet if you paired it with an infinity scarf you could wear it well into winter.

    Best,
    Rachel
    www.thecuratorial.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So so pretty! I love this print

    Would you like to follow each other?
    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Matching, clashing, you look fabulous in florals.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning ensemble and definitely elegant. I thought I had commented, but my internet has been quite odd lately so ...
    You look amazing, of course I love florals, but the painted birds are just brilliant! Hope you enjoyed your weekend dear.xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an amazing print. I have a thing for birds so birds posing as flowers on a blouse seems especially lovely to me! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog re Grace Kelly. Isn't it great that she didn't get rid of stuff just because she'd worn it a lot? I've just read that she wore a coat from her wedding trousseau 9 years after the wedding and when someone asked her about it she said that it was still a perfectly good coat. How very different than the celebrity culture these days where they have closets so big it seems the wardrobe itself needs a whole house. I think practical Grace just became my all-time style icon! Completely unrelated side note, Adrienne and I are focusing on hats for November. Do you ever wear them? You can send me a picture by Nov. 1 if you want to join our hat roundup. I'm sorry I've been so MIA this month. Now that kids are back in school I am struggling to keep up with everything! I hope you are well. Are you going to see the Hollywood Costume exhibit at the V&A? Please do, for me! XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  24. This has got to be one of the most gorgeous outfits I've seen all year! Took a look at the matching t-shirt, also gorgeous. I've got my eye out for that designer now. Had a look on ebay, but only found one item for sale...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think its really hard to pull off matchy matchy like this but I think you look so chic and so well framed as well! love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...