Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Fields of Gold


You're never too old to go prancing through a field of sunflowers I say. I'm back from sunny Spain where the weather has been scorching.  So much so that many of the fields of sunflowers are now a burnt brown rather than golden yellow.  Sounds rather like a metaphor for my skin after soaking up the sun for a week lying on the beach.  It was on the way back from an afternoon at the beach that we stumbled across this slightly less frazzled field and took the opportunity to grab some photos amongst those magnificent heavy golden heads.

Speaking of gold - we've all been glued to the Olympics live coverage at work - Team GB doing extremely well! Australia - what happened??  Hope everyone is enjoying the Olympics!

Shorts: Topshop; Top: Bershka

11 comments:

  1. such cute photos!!
    And yep, that's a corgi in my post you commented on. A corgi mixed with a cattle herder.
    You've got a good eye! And wardrobe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite flowers. Here's hoping the sun will follow you home ... we could do with a glimpse of it here! M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was JUST thinking about sunflowers a few night ago--and specifically, the sunflowers flooding the fields of southern Spain the last time I was there. Gorgeous. I'm so glad you had a beautiful vacation. You deserve many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kind of gold! I do enjoy the Olympics, too, although sometimes it seems there's NOTHING ELSE anymore in this world... xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Australia! Poor Sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very creative eye when taking outfit photos. The field of sad sunflowers is very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! I love sunflowers, they re so cheery. You look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pic. I can feel the heat and sense the smell of the field. That shade of red is so good, and I love the detail and drape of the fabric. Are you anxiously awaiting the return of black leather weather, though? I know I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture of you amongst the sunflowers should be a postcard, it's wonderful! The Olympics is fabulous, I can hardly tear myself away! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home! Fields of sunflowers are always so arresting. Sunflowers in their prime always seem sort of human to me--their faces raised to the sun or lowered (in sadness) without sun. It's only now that our wild sunflowers will begin to bloom and it has been so dry I wonder if we'll see any this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first photo took my breath away! The sunflower field goes on forever and you are framed perfectly in their embrace.

    The Olympics are a huge success and I'm sorry to see them end.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...