Monday, 16 July 2012

Floral Trouser Suit


After harping on about florals in my last post I thought I'd share one of my favourite head to toe floral outfits.  Wearing head to toe print is one of this season's more challenging and outre trends.  To tempt us out of our comfort zone and dare us all to live our lives a little louder, designers have been bombarding our retinas with an onslaught of maxi-dresses and co-ordinating outfits in a variety of the brightest, boldest, most beautiful prints their imaginations could concoct - florals, animal, paisley, retro graphic and scarf prints.  If that wasn't enough, they've been urging us to try mismatching them as well.

A quick internet search on the topic of this trend will show you that opinion is pretty divided over whether this is something that should be tried at home.   To use a now well worn flowery cliché, it sure ain't for wallflowers, or shrinking violets even.  I for one absolutely love it!  There is something quite liberating about going matchy-matchy from head to toe in a beautiful print.  There isn't any of that troublesome agonising about whether your top and trousers go well together in your outfit - they just do!


However, you might just find yourself blending in with any kitsch wallpaper or tiles that may be in your vicinity, as I am attempting here.  This is a corner of the stairway in the casa de vecinos where we stayed in Andalusia, a house which was decked out top to bottom in fabulously kitsch decor - get a load of these gilt furnishings and ornaments, the candelabra, the marble surfaces, the creepy doll, the gaudy plastic flowers, you might even be able to make out the mounted antlers hanging on the wall and reflected in the mirror behind me.  The place was unashamedly OTT.  You've got to hand it to the Andalusians maximalist approach to decor - adorn with enthusiasm and without shame!  So why not take a page out of their book - as in decor, so too in dress!


The great thing about these printed co-ordinates is that they are fantastic as separates in their own right.  I've already posted about this tee shirt by Hermione de Paula as a holiday staple, but I have been getting a lot of wear out of her wonderfully surreal trousers too.  It's like someone has turned my legs into works of art.  These have been my favourite trousers for Spring.  The black backs on the trouser legs create an optical illusion that is both leg lengthening and slimming and when worn with the tee shirt the whole outfit made me feel very elegant and glamorous for a evening out.  I've also been dressing the trousers down with a plain white tee or black top for the pub.

When I'm not standing in front of the wallpaper, you certainly can't miss me in this so it's an apt outfit for Visible Monday.  Head over to Not Yet Dead Style if you would like to participate.

Floral trouser suit: Hermione de Paula; Espardrilles: Zara; Belt: borrowed from another dress; Earrings: Mango

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow oh wow! As I'm gone from hater to lover I'd be very tempted to steal this gorgeous creation from your wardrobe (and wouldn't care if it added to the big heap of clothes I'm trying to rid myself off :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look great. I love the optical illusion the print creates too. And the black back of the trousers. Does the shirt do that as well? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two pieces together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, I saw the doll and it reminded me of one of my Aunt's homes. I love the positioning of the floral in the top and the crossing in the front. Such a head-to-toe fabulous outfit! I don't think I have much full on matchy outfits, but the ones that I do are old or vintage. Perhaps, I'll bring them out soon. -xx Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are indeed a work of art, V - this is a gorgeous creation. It looks like one-of-a-kind, and you really wear it well! Thanks so much for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The print on this outfit is beautiful - and the solid back makes it that much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look glorious together and work beautifully even if that creepy doll is doing her best to distract me! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow fantastic outfit. I like the fact that the prints match up so that you can wear the top & trousers together. Love those Andalusian tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit - I'm a big fan of florals and all-over patterns - wear it loud and proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this amazing suit - and your fab shoes peeking out too! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay I get to feast my eyes on that GLORIOUS top again, plus bonus pants!! The outfit looks gaaaawwwwwwjussss on you Miss V and oh my I see a beautiful smile!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's like wearing a maxi only better! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is utterly beautiful in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous. I actually love the continuity of the florals from the top all the way down to the pants. And it seems perfect in those Andalusian interiors. -- J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maravilloso, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    me encanta la casa andaluza, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a piece of art in your head to toe florals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...