Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Flamenca


There's nothing like slipping into a favourite sundress while on holiday!  And these brightly coloured plaster walls with their peeling paint which you find in abundance in many towns in Andalusia are a gift to any photographer.

Here is my effort at the flamenco trend I posted about earlier.  Apart from the earrings and floral filigree crucifix which I found in Mango whilst in Spain the rest has been shopped from the closet.  I've had this diva-like sundress for over a decade now, funnily enough also a Mango find on a trip to Madrid to study flamenco.  After all this time it has many a tale to tell about travelling to sun drenched destinations with me!

I've had a couple of flamenco related requests by readers.  Lisa of Dangerous Curves (love that blog title!) who is a ballroom and bellydancer has asked to be directed to some flamenco costume posts.  So if you missed them and you like frilly dresses here are some old posts featuring my flamenco costumes:

I've also been asked by Terry of Rags Against the Machine to elaborate on what the connection is between Gypsies and Flamenco.  Oooh Terry! How long have you got?  I'm no expert but have plenty of personal experience and anecdotes to draw on to give you my own opinion.  Patience Terry, preparing photos, post coming...

This post is part of Visible Monday over at Not Yet Dead Style.  Head over to see what the rest of the Visible Monday crew are wearing.

Dress, earrings, crucifix: Mango; Broderie Anglaise Bolero: Kate Moss for Topshop; Bracelet: Bijoux Brigette; Jewelled Sandals: Zara; Bag: Michael by Michael Kors

18 comments:

  1. The flamenca dress looks amazing on you - so much looking forward to the 'flamenco and gypsies' post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a hot flamenco honey, and I love all these photos. I am especially drawn to the eyelet jacket, how beautiful! The last photo seems like something straight from Vogue. Can't wait to hear about the connections between gypsies and flamenco. XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is absolutely stunning! This is the kind of dress every woman should have in her wardrobe - myself included! I also love the wall behind you - amazing colour and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have thought that dress was Dolce & Gabbana it fits you so well, plus it has a "Sicilian widow" vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress, the necklace, bracelet, and the glimpse of your hair are all so Wow! - I too want to learn more about Flamenco, esp after seeing this fabulous outfit! Thanks for linking up to Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I must comment about your outfit. I love it. The crucifix, the black dress, the sandals. It is truly a perfect outfit.

    You made my day by mentioning my blog!

    My first (late) belly dance instructor was also a Flamenco dancer. I never had the opportunity to study Flamenco, but it was always my intention. I'm infatuated with the dresses, the ruffles, the shoes and the music. I own a beautiful music CD that is a fusion of flamenco belly dance and it is enchanting.

    I'm so thrilled to see your lovely collection of dresses. Thank you for sharing that with us. It's hard to choose a favorite but I think I lean toward the creamy white on.

    You have the most wonderful blog; the most wonderful wardrobe.

    I may be way off base (as far as authenticity) but I read a novel called 'The Flamenco Academy' that was rich in the topic of flamenco dancers and gypsies. I don't know how authentic it was, but it was a very engaging read. I know Terri likes to read...and others may enjoy reading it.

    I can't wait to read your flamenco/gypsy post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are gorgeous in this black sundress with accessories. I'm learning so much about Flamenco from you and yearning for more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm swooning over the 5th photo...I love the tiny little "sleeves" and the cross. And, I'm looking forward to being enlightend about this flamenco/gypsy connection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh ... you look hot, classy and stylish all in one. Just gorgeous. M x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look hot, hot, hot in that dress against that sizzling wall. And the flamenco info is fascinating...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dress (and you) are totally gorgeous and you've chosen the perfect backdrop to showcase both of you! Black looks so chic and glamorous on a hot sunny day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking!! An astounding group of pictures, so evocative. The dress is perfect on you and I love the choice of accessories as well. I'll be checking out the links!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That outfit looks ah-mazing! And I am swooning over that necklace. Such a great touch!

    And yes, I would like to hear more about the flamenco side of your life. I still can remember how awesome you danced in that video awhile back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is great! I love your cross necklace. =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love te cut of your dress with the low ruffle!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm having a big 'wardrobe workout' at the moment & have found an old red Flamenco style ruffle skirt that you might like. If it's the right size, you're more than welcome to it. Leave me a message if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Years ago my Mother had a picture in the living room that had a flamenco dancer in it. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw your picture. It is so reminiscent of that picture. You look fabulous in the dress and the necklace is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just grabbed the top pic and put it in my inspiration file- so stylish and classic and sexy (in the most non-hoochie mama sort of way) I love it. Love the cross too, such a wonderful look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...