Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Luxe T-Shirt


Introducing my new favourite T-shirt.  In fact it is also by my new favourite designer, Hermione De Paula whose highly original and ultra feminine prints have had me swooning this season.  There was a bit of a luxe T-shirt trend that had been bandied about the fashion press during the Spring and I found just the one for me from Ms De Paula, slightly boho, very romantic, with some fairy tale fantasy woven into the design.  I have a bit of thing for pink and I totally fell for this print which, at first glance looks like bright florals.  But take a closer look at the bright pink blooms...


...and they turn into birds!  Petals morphing into feathers.  How clever and creative is that?  In fact I loved the print so much I got the matching trousers!  I found this top so great for travelling. The whisper thin silk is as light as a feather, so it doesn't add too much weight in the suitcase - a must for the travelling fashionista in these days of paltry luggage weight allowances.  It's lightness makes it lovely to wear in the heat and it can be worn dressed down for the day or glammed up for balmy summery evenings. 


Its generous length also means it conveniently doubles up as an elegant cover up over a bikini at the beach (the theme for this month on this blog!).  I grabbed a belt from another dress to belt it up over shorts for heading into town after the beach.  Its versatility has made it the perfect holiday garment for a beach getaway.  Here I am back at Zahara and speaking of flowers, I love this time of year when the road down to the beach is festooned with a wall of white, pale pink and fuschia azaleas.


Silk print T-shirt: Hermione De Paula from My-Wardrobe; Suede Shorts: Kate Moss for Topshop; Belt: taken from another dress; Bikini: Calzedonia; Jewelled Sandals: Zara

13 comments:

  1. Ms V, I love it when you discover a new designer and this top is simply a work of art! I adore the lacing detail and it's such a versatile length - I'm so glad you're getting plenty of use out of it, it's simply too wonderful to be hidden away:)))) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I can see why you fell in love with it - it's so ultra-feminine, and I'll bet it feels heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tee. The print is divine. You look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful print that tee shirt has and the way you wear it is stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my dear-thats a really gorgeous tee, I love the shade of pink too. Hope you are well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT'S a tee I'd wear in a heartbeat! Love it! It looks great casual as you wore it, but I could also see it with any of your many leather pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great location for these shots. The fabric is very interesting--is it on the matching slacks too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exquisite top. The color, print, and drape are just beautiful. I also visited your previous post about Zahara. It looks like heaven for a holiday. Between seeing this and reading Sacramento's posts about Andalusia, I think I'll have to visit that region sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your feminine shirt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look like one of the flowers in the background. I think this is the most beautiful T-shirt I've ever laid eyes on. I'm off to check out the designer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very pretty t-shirt - it's look good with jeans too. I'm quite tall & like a longer length style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...