Saturday, 16 June 2012

The Colour of Water


Whenever I go on a holiday near the sea this is one outfit that always comes along with me.

Something about ombré in ever deepening tones of blue always reminds me of the ocean.  That miraculous gradation of the colour of water with its increasing depth that takes it from appearing virtually colourless through all the shades of blue, before darkening all the way to black as your eye follows the sea out into the distance.

The ocean is Nature's study in ombré.  I see it in the way the palest of white foam rides atop the transparent tipped waves that curl out of the expanse of azure to kiss the silvery shore.  I see it in the blue of the sky reflected in the sea, or when the bright sapphire waters eventually bleed into richer tones of indigo as they pass over the reefs below, before melting into the mysterious, inky black of deep water.

Ombré fringe top: Kate Moss for Topshop; Denim shorts: Zara; Bikini: Calzedonia

10 comments:

  1. wow- I love the way this top catches light and shadow- it is mesmerizing and very oceanic! Oh god, I wish I was at the beach (some 800 miles away, alas...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beach, Veshoevius! That's a very pretty top too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that top captures beautiful the waves and shimmering of the sea! I hope you're able to go off on vacation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous beach photos! The top reminds me of faded clouds, ripples, and waves. I am always happy by the sea. I hope you're enjoying your summer so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, V - thanks for showing us the sea, and your lovely blouse too : >

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture of the top as well. The denim shorts are perfect with it, and I love your hair up in these pictures. Lovely views and evocative writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is pure poetry. I have taken three trips by boat...and I love to study the changing tones of water as we travel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you on a beach, your natural habitat! That top is beautiful and your legs are just stunning, so toned and gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The top is as luscious as your words. You made the color blue come alive for me! Who wouldn't want to be on the beach after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...