Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Little Fluffy Clouds

 
 

They don't call Perth the Windy City for nothing! This is the effect of the Fremantle Doctor - the strong cooling breeze that hits the coast in the late afternoon during long summer days and makes it perfect for Mr V to go windsurfing on the river and for me to do a windswept look!

It's Visible Monday again! Okay, technically in this photo it is neither a Monday, nor actually what I wore today in freezing cold London.  I'm sharing it because nothing catches my attention more than an amazing, colourful print on a dress that manages to be bold yet also feminine.  This is one of my favourites.  A go to piece in my wardrobe which I can just throw on knowing that I'll feel both good and comfortable in it, a quality you begin to appreciate more in clothes as you get older.

I only appreciate the full technicolour glory of this floral print in the kind of strong sunlight you get Down Under, the type of light which makes everything look wonderfully hyper real in photos.  Especially the white fluffy clouds on their journey across the blue sky.  Lying back on a bright summer's day and watching the clouds go by was a favourite pastime in my youth.

The way the sky turned out in these shots reminded me of those times.  If you don't have the requisite time (or the requisite climate for that matter) to indulge in such a pleasurable activity here's a video set to that great Orb track from which I robbed the title for my post.  It manages to condense some pretty spectacular cloud watching into a easily digestible four minutes.  Recommended.


Catch what the other Visible Monday crew are wearing over at Not Yet Dead Style.

Silk print dress: Mango; Sandals: Zara; Bag: Michael by Michael Kors

16 comments:

  1. We're having an exceedingly balmy day today here in the American midwest though I couldn't think of going bare-legged. I love the wildness of your hair in these photos!

    On an unrelated note, today I heard a news story about the price of real estate in London going up, up, up, beyond the means of ordinary professionals. Is this true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about bright sunny weather that lends itself well to prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures. You are right everything is brilliant colors. You look beautiful against the blues of the background. Very pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Perth!

    I miss your harsh summer winds.

    I love your outfit, V.

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, your photo at the edge of the water is so inviting. Your summer dress is lovely and your photos really take us to a warm, carefree place, thank you! And thanks for linking up to Visible Monday too : >

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty dress! Reminds me of a summer day on a beach...with a glass of margarita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress...the sandals...the weather! Love it all!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm never going to get that song out of my head now!!! I love the pic of you on the jetty with your hair flying around wearing a gorgeous frock - happy times!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year V! Looks like you've had a fab time in the sun, isn't the Aussie sky lovely to see after time away xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress couldn't be more perfect against the blue water background. And thanks for the 'cloud respite.'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great bunch of pictures! And I really love your dress)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those clouds in Perth look almost unreal, like something pasted onto a collage! Lovely windswept look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it looks glorious! Looks like you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now, I'm dreaming of my own little fluffy clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is a very special surprise waiting for you on my blog today...
    http://fairyfiligree.blogspot.com/2012/01/hey-bloggers-its-award-time.html. Be sure to visit - I hope you'll like it..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely print ! Here it's so cold !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...