Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Tis the Season to be Shiny!


Fa la la la la, la la la la!

This is what I would be wearing if I was spending the festive season in freezing cold London.  Except I'm not in London.  I am in fact holidaying in Australia (hence the lack of posts) where it is currently summer.  So this outfit shot is total fantasy from where I am writing with the mercury hovering around twenty five to thirty degrees C during the day.

This gunmetal grey sequin biker jacket was an early Christmas present to myself!  Is there anyone else out there who sneaks in a crafty addition to the wardrobe under dubious disguise of Secret Santa?  This outfit shot was taken at my last social outing in London before Mr V's work scheduling commitments dictated that we had to hightail it to Oz a week earlier than planned for our Christmas holiday with my family, thus scuppering my plans to wear the jacket to a handful of Christmas parties in London I had invites to last week.  Oh well - I can hardly complain about spending the run up to Christmas lying on the beach instead!  But I am looking forward to New Year's Eve in London to whip this sparkly jacket out again.

I do however have some sequins I brought with me that I fully intend to wear on Christmas Day.  A milky white sequined bomber jacket which is to this day remains unworn and which I threw into the suitcase as a challenge to myself to finally wear.  No excuses not to sparkle over the Christmas season even if one happens to have travelled to the other side of the globe I say!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful festive season and that you've finished all the Christmas shopping!

PS: Discovered a great link up over on a blog aptly named Pretty Shiny Sparkly celebrating bloggers wearing sequins as part of a blogger event called Bloggers Do It Better and have submitted this post.  If like me, you love sequins head on over there to see some sequintastic outfits!

Sequin biker jacket: IRO; Wool turtleneck and leather leggings: Cos; Boots: Michael by Michael Kors; Necklace: Merle O'Grady

13 comments:

  1. Rock on - that outfit is killer! Hope you're having a gorgeous time. Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise to see you pop up in my reader, Miss V!
    Love your sparkles and dying to see the new jacket. Sending you lots of seasonal wishes and cheer. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to wear a jacket like that but I would melt down here too! But like you, I plan to get my sparkle on anyway! I hope you have a wonderful time in Australia and have a great holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket is divine! I always find a few treats for myself when shopping for loved ones! Have a spectacular holiday on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veshoevius,

    That IRO jacket makes me weak in the knees! How come I haven't seen that at any of the Parisian IRO shops?????

    Merry Christmas and all the best of the season to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect jacket! ;)
    To be on beach during Christmas sounds so strange for me. Blame the northern hemisphere for that. But I bet it's perfect! So, have the best time in Australia! And happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! I've missed your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so gorgeous and rocker chic in this outfit. Please tell me we are going to see Prada lace on you in January. I'm dying to see it! I hope you had a Happy Christmas and I wish you and Mr. V a happy 2012! XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great jacket, I have a dozen sequin jackets cant get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do hope that you get to wear your milky sequins jacket. Well, I left London a couple wks. ago and it was freezing, but it's pretty much the same on the East, so glad that I packed accordingly. The jacket & leather leggings are some kind of wonderful! Happy New Year dear. Enjoy your Australian holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous outfit, you rocked it!

    I had a lot of fun joining you ladies for my first BDIB challenge ;)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how nice !!! black is sexy !

    http://www.like-mousse-au-chocolat.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...