Sunday, 14 August 2011

The Creation Of Order


In the beginning there was nothing but chaos, the wardrobe hath existed waste and void, and nought but darkness on the face of the deep pile of clothes on the floor, and the Spirit of Fashion had fled the wardrobe in despair.

And Veshoevius said, Let there be light: and there was light.  And then she quickly switched the lights off again in denial of the task ahead and to procrastinate.

On the second day Veshoevius said, Let the wardrobe bring forth every item of clothing after her kind that does not fit or suit me any longer or is beyond repair so I may divide the light from the darkness. (But she held on to all the black things anyway).  And Veshoevius called the discarded clothing "To be Given Away"; and the gathering together of the remainder she called the "New Wardrobe": and Veshoevius saw that it was good.

On the third day Veshoevius said, Let the wardrobe be henceforth free of every living creature and creeping thing that dare chew on my clothing and bought moth spray and repellent.  And Veshoevius fumigated and laid bait for them and their future offspring, saying, Be not fruitful, and do not dare go forth and multiply in my wardrobe.

On the fourth day Veshoevius said, Let there be an additional hanging rail in the midst of the wardrobe, and let it divide the off take from what can reasonably hang on the old rail without inducing metal fatigue.  And Veshoevius bought the additional hanging rail (from Argos), and created room for the new rail by moving the storage chest out of the darkness and into the light; and Veshoevius divided the clothes which were to hang on the new rail from the clothes which were to hang above the new rail: and it was so.

On the fifth day Veshoevius said, Let there be clothes arranged on the wardrobe rails to divide the colourful from the black; and let them be ordered for garment type, and for seasons, and for work days, and for leisure, and not forgetting a small section for Mr V's shirts on pain of death: and it was so.

And on the sixth day Veshoevius said, Let the belts piled randomly under the hanging rails be gathered together unto one place, and let the Ikea sorting basket appear with the belts ordered within: and it was so.

And Veshoevius saw everything that she had re-ordered in the wardrobe, and behold, it was very good.

And on the seventh day, she rested...

29 comments:

  1. I wouldn´t mind getting lost in your wardrobe for a few weeks, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Besos!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious post! And I am so impressed with your organization. P.S. Do you love black? : >

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, this post made me howl. Very cleverly written, and well done on the organisation. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! You are funny.
    Well done on that remarkable achievement. I'd love a rummage through your wardrobe. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I LOVED THIS POST!

    I bet it feel so good to have everything organized

    --Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! What an amazing post! And congratulations! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my dear-what a fabulous post and clever you for being so brilliantly organised too! Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooved reading this post. Would love a rummaging party.. wow, so organised dear, I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! Especially re: keeping ALL the black!

    It really does look wonderful. Happy dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BRILLIANT and IMPRESSIVE! I'll be moving in the next couple of months and will be cleaning out as well. Hope I do as well as you did! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lo, would the great Veshoevius enlighten more about this wonderment called “Ikea sorting basket for belts” with a lowly lurker-reader who stands in awe of the tamed chaos?

    - Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only God had had a wardrobe like yours ... love it. I tried to organize my closet once but couldn't get past the "to be given away" pile. I stuffed everything back inside ;-)

    http://thefoolishaesthete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaah Veshoevius, this is a biblical story after my blogger's heart. You've done splendidly - and gotten rid of things! That's something I'm finding very hard which is why I have a small 'work wardrobe' in my room (which gets updated and switched every few weeks and is extremely organised, colour-coded and what not) and then I have a big wardrobe in poor Sarah's room (and I'm counting the days until she goes to uni so I can take over her space) and then there are suitcases and suitcases full of more things.... All for potential styling shoots because a stylist potentially needs EVERYTHING. Excuses, excuses... X

    ReplyDelete
  14. How this post resonates! I am in the process of organizing my inventory, so you made me laugh and provided motivation. A daunting task was described with beauty and humor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was too funny (and totally relatable!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A big task, congrats on conquering your closet! I'm also appreciating your write up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The second paragraph made me laugh. After the light u where suppose to proceed onto the next day. Lol. Congrats on getting your wardrobe arranged mine needs a total overhaul

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Tessa - It is called KOMPLEMENT and is found under Clothes Boxes in the storage department - here's a link to it online - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80107974
    It is indeed a wonderment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, what a huge work you've done. I desperately need to re-organize my closet too, so I hope your post will inspire me))

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! you did a good job lovely :)

    Bet it feels much better to have it all in order again. I did a massive wardrobe detox earlier in the year but my drawers are a mess again - need to keep going back to it I find.

    Hope you're well, xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love this post! I bow to the great Veshoevius and her formidable skill in creating the incredibly-fashionable Organized Wardrobe, and in but one week!

    May I look upon her mighty work and be inspired to attempt similar deeds. May I also find in myself some portion of her strength to cast out the unnecessary and ill-fitting clothing, as well as of her abilities to move heaven and earth in the name of the Organized Wardrobe. If I succeed in these tasks, may my wardrobe find itself a fitting home for Beautiful Garments such as those of the great Veshoevius...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay you did it! And even Mr V got squeezed in there somehow too:)) And then there was light:)) xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Too funny. I am intrigued by the idea of the third rail. You certainly have plenty of black left to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Elly - hahaha - great comment!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hold on a sec: BAHAHAHAHA. Okay, I'm done. :D I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself: this is the single most hilarious and fun and well written post I've read in a very long time, and I just had to indulge on some laughing. ;) I love love love your post. Really. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...