Monday, 21 February 2011

London Fashion Week


My first day over at London Fashion week and this is quick post about what I ended up wearing.  It is still very cold, grey and drizzling in London with a bit of fog settling so no fast forwarding to try and work Spring/Summer 2011 trends for me - it is going to be coat and boots all the way.


I'm still living in heavy coats and this is my latest addition to the wardrobe courtesy of the Image sale.  A midnight blue, wool/angora mix, kimono style wrap coat with a satin trim by Korean designer Kaylee Tankus. I love how the coat folds up like origami and the satin band falls down the line of your body when you close it, like a mini Great Wall of China splitting the landscape.  The label was becoming a big favourite in my closet for its exotic mix of East-meets-West aesthetics and luxurious designs imbued with street style sensibility.  To my dismay I have recently heard that after Spring/Summer 2011 the label is no longer as the designer and the Italian company who runs it have parted ways.


I learnt my lesson at the last Fashion Week to know that it is best to forego heels and stick with flats!  So out came my Vivienne Westwood pirate boots which were very comfortable on the rather unforgiving surfaces at Somerset House when I was dashing around trying to take in collections and the odd photo.  These are my first pair of pirate boots (I've been craving a pair for years) and I got them off the Outnet.  For a great rundown on what to look for when buying a pair see this article at Fashion Pearls of Wisdom.

I chose a long sleeved leather shift dress to keep me warm and accessorised with my other favourite necklace at the moment, another fabulous statement piece by Merle O'Grady.  I'm still working through photos of her new collection and it is truly stunning.


The Osman show I attended yesterday (detailed review pending) was lovely, my photos of it however, are absolutely terrible.  Being so short all I got was heads and shoulders of people in front of me and blurry models and I'm a bit too polite to raise my camera above my head to block the view of the people behind me for the sake of getting a decent shot.  I think you really need to be in the press pit or front row to do a catwalk show justice with a camera.

I wasn't able to stay long enough yesterday to do the exhibition justice so I am going back for more tomorrow!

Coat, Kaylee Tankus; Leather dress, Cos; Tights, Falke; Boots, Vivienne Westwood; Necklace, Merle O'Grady; Snood, Cos

17 comments:

  1. that coat is amazing! It looks black in the pictures, but I can just imagine how great it must look in real life in midnight blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god hon... you look kickass sexy but... cold!!! That origami coat is awesome....as is this;
    "like a mini Great Wall of China splitting the landscape."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, well thought through FW outfit. (I do the flats-in-the-bag thing) myself. So sad to have missed you - will only be back at Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the leather dress!!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boots and that leather dress are seriously fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great lesson in wearing black with (almost) black. I never thought I'd say this, but...I want a long-sleeved leather shift dress! How do you do this to me, V?

    Love the 'Great Wall of China reference'... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know what I like the most about you Veshovious? That you can wear layers and layers and layers of black and still manage to make it look so interesting, and beautiful! :) Which shows are you going to see still? (can't wait for the Osman review!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rich, textured, interesting, edgy, gorgeous! You're my favorite blacks mixer.

    It just occurred to me: you put such great street looks together. What will you do if a famous street style photographer wants to feature you? Will we get to see your face?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl I just love how you rock black! It's always look so fashionable and chic! And that necklace is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want that dress sooooo much! You look amazing. That coat is also fabulous and as for those boots, triple wow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the dress is lovely. I liked how you described the Korean designer's collection...and was all set to get check it out. Disappointing to learn that designer is no more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That leather dres is phwoar. Very jealous of your lovely pirate boots too, I always wonder how people can stay in those enormous heels all day long on the cobbles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you wore to the first day of London Fashion Week. I also look forward to more of your reviews of the events and the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many things to love in your outfit - the coat, the dress, the boots, the jewelry. And the fact that they're black in layers just makes it even more interesting! Good work :)

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your necklace and your shoes !
    http://selenite.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. That coat is amazing! Absolutely amazing! I want to touch it and feel the texture! Besides it looks like a bathrobe and for me that gains bonus points ;) And your Pirate boots - not bad, not bad at all! lol There's amazing coat and boot envy here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...