Tuesday, 21 September 2010

London Fashion Week Teaser


Boy am I tired.  I have had a hectic last few days culminating in two days of trawling the Design Exhibition at London Fashion Week where I saw some amazing and beautiful work on display.  Over the next few days I intend to share what I saw of the work of some very talented designers I particularly loved.

I saw quite a lot of jewellery as we were buying possible gift ideas to keep in stock in the run up to Christmas (yes people are thinking about this already!) and you already know what a big fan I am of jewellery so I was in seventh heaven.  I got to meet the designer of a collection I have been drooling over at My-Wardrobe, Merle O'Grady, whose designs have been worn by Cheryl Cole and who has also sweetly agreed to let me interview her for the blog!

But first I have to prepare for not one but two interviews tomorrow!  So to give you a sneak preview of what is to come I've posted a few shots from today of some of the designers I'll be posting in more detail about in the next few days when my brain is focused to give them my full and well deserved attention.  I was amazed at how lovely and friendly people at all the stalls I approached were in patiently dealing with a random blogger asking questions about their collections and letting me take photos.  Thank you every one of you.

Louise Amstrup
The anti-stiletto staircase in Somerset House
Klavers Van Engelen
Aminaka Wilmont
Aminaka Wilmont
Merle O'Grady
Renaissance Life
Renaissance Life
Christopher Raeburn's recycled rabbits
Little Glass Clementine
Mary Katrantzou

9 comments:

  1. I love what I see, please some more, when you can, of course.
    Back from Córdoba, no photos, only nerves.
    Abrazossssssssssssss.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first dress is stunning! And of course I'm drooling over the jewelry! Looks like you're having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sneak peak! Can't wait for interviews! Dresses look amazing! Katranzou's print looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love it all! Especially the first dress. I can't wait to see more.

    Also, it's the first time I've heard of many of these labels. Hooray for discovering even more talent out there : ).

    -SJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pics are beautiful.
    andyour blog: amazing and interesting!
    i follow...visit me and if u like it do the same.
    bye, v

    http://v4visionarity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the LFW bloggers I've been reading about are exhausted already, so I don't think you're alone there! Drink lots and lots of water. K? Promise? Your blog stalkers need more pix and interviews, so we need you well!;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous...amazing designers. I'm a HUGE fan of Mary Katranzou. Um, and the outfit in the first photo...love.

    ♥ V
    http://www.gritandglamour.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everybody, although I only went for two days it was tiring so I salute the bloggers who covered the whole five days - be sure to check back for my London Fashion Week posts!

    @Grit and Glamour - thanks for the outfit shout - I got very dressed up for the first day and was so uncomfortable because despite everyone who turned out to show off their AW 2010 looks in aviator jackets and sheepskin boots it was pretty warm during LFW!! And it was boiling in Somerset house where they don't have airconditioning. So for the next day I went back to my soft and slinky hareems and gladiator sandals from the summer which was probably very unfashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm way behind with my comments today. That maxi dress is absolutely glorious, isn't it? Loving your outfit. Good for you by wearing something both fabulous and not like everyone else xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...