Tuesday, 21 September 2010

A Little Ray of Sunshine


The fabulously fashion forward Pull Your Socks Up has kindly given me a Sunshine Award. Thanks hon!  I'm truly honoured to get one from you.  If it's one thing a fellow Australian needs living in the UK it's more sunshine, virtual or otherwise!  If you haven't visited this amazing lady's blog visit now!!

Apparently now what I have to do is pass on the award to twelve blogs I love. I follow a lot of blogs which are all very different and each one makes a unique contribution to the variety and breadth of the blogosphere so selecting just twelve is a hard ask.  Really I think this works a bit like a chain letter but with the spirit of spreading some blogging love and support to other bloggers you interact with with links.

The greatest joy about blogging for me has been the fun of interacting with other bloggers.  I love visiting your blogs to see what you've been up to.  I really appreciate getting your comments and always try to comment back (so do check back if you ever comment - I eventually get around to replying).  And for some of you this is going to be a double whammy of sunshine!

So if your blog appears on the list below you've got a sunshine award from me and the rules are as follows:

1) Save the photo and post it to your blog
2) Pass the award to 12 more bloggers like you and following you from the news and comment
3) Link the name and url of their blog
4) write and link the one that gave you the award!

Blogs worth a visit if you don't know them already.

1. Mis Papelicos - for my fix of Andalucian sunshine and warmth and creatively put together vintage outfits.
2. Clouds of Secrets - beautiful beautiful writing and gorgeous photos that elevate the ordinary into the extraordinary.  Did I already say beautiful writing?
3. Vintage Vixen - a woman after my own heart with several wardrobes and the goddess of finding amazing vintage bargains and styling them up into awesome outfits.  Look and learn people!
4. Grit and Glamour - another woman after my own heart! Great all rounder for super content, she writes a treat, she vlogs and her outfit posts rock.
5. Beauty and the Recession - Courtney writes about how to be fashionable on a budget, how to make a look book (must see) and now she's covering another obsession of mine - makeup!!
6. Goldmine Trash - retro fabulousness in unexpected places, a treat of visual inspiration from everything from gypsy caravans, roadhouses, psychedelic prints and vintage photographs.
7. Hunting and Gathering - classy lady from Latvia whose outfit posts are always inspiring for her use of colour.
8.  Boheme Noir - for great editorial and runway selections ranging from the beautiful to the challenging.
9. Mrs Bossa - great wardrobe, great taste and great sense of humour!
10. Fierce - a dose of beauty and fashion sunshine from South Florida and a fellow partaker of Friend Friday.  The blog has just celebrated it's first year - congrats MJ!
11. Feathers of Inspiration - beautifully presented nuggets of inspiration from Northern Ireland.
12. MDMSL - great chatty blog on fashion and beauty and one of my first commenters! Double whammy of sunshine to you babe!

Off to my second day of the London Fashion Week trade shows.  Will report back soon!

11 comments:

  1. Congratualations on your award and for the mention. As yu know I'm a huge fan of your blog and have recommended it to a few of my fellow bloggers as a great read.
    Can't wait to hear your take on London Fashion Week, I've won tickets for Saturday and am so excited! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much my lovely for choosing me. I will send you sunshine by the tons.
    I am off to Córdoba today for a chat and check with the anesthesist who is going to be in my meniscus operation shortly.
    While I am in waiting room, instead of bitting my nails, I think of who to pass the award to.
    Un abrazo y mil besos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog here and I love it! Congrats on the award. :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind, individual compliment, dear lady! I am hard a'work on a new photo project, inspired by your previous mention in your jewelry picture post. And then I look forward to browsing these other delicious-sounding blogs you suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for writing all those nice things about me...I truly appreciate it!


    ♥ V

    http://www.gritandglamour.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realized I didn't say thank you here--only on twitter! So thank you here! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just too sweet! This is my first official award! :) Thank you so much and I'm so glad I've met a fellow accessory addict to swoon over fashion jewelry with! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank you! What a surprise! :) I really need a sun and some sunshine now as here we have that terrible gloomy fall! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww1 What a sweetheart you are. I'm so honored to be listed amongst all these other great blogs!

    -SJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless you, Veshoevius - your sunshine award really did brighten my day! Your comment about my taste has made me rethink my post on coloured kneesocks, though... ;)

    Mrs Bossa Does the Do

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you dear - that is so kind of you!

    Luv ya, Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...