Saturday, 7 August 2010

Slumming in Soho


It is already feeling like autumn in London.  When the sky is grey and cloudy I notice I reach for grey clothes.  Headed into Soho to meet a friend for lunch and needed to feel vaguely cosy and comfortable to counter the misery of a cold grey day.  Well at least I found it cold - there are a lot of people wandering around the city in shorts and t-shirts still.  I find this incredible as I still needed a leather jacket over all this to cut the wind chill out.

I bought this draped wrap around cardigan from All Saints which is a label I have curiously not bought often.  By rights I should be an avid collector: all that edgy distressed tailoring with an Edwardian or Victorian twist.  Its part gothic, part London grunge, heavily influenced by Vivienne Westwood style drapery and doesn't hold back on rock star worthy details like studs and sequins.

Possibly it is that, apart from being quite pricey, I can find some of their pieces a bit difficult to work out.  Take this cardigan.  I threw it on in a rush to take the photo before leaving the house and realised as I was about to head out that I had it on upside down!  You may notice the label showing - it looks pretty similar but not quite the same the right way up.  And I think this is my problem - I'm usually in the change rooms pondering which end of an All Saints garment I should be putting my head into!!

Draped black wool cardigan by All Saints
Grey suede hareems and black cotton vest worn underneath by Cos
Grey racer back vest by Topshop Unique
Wedges by Reiss

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful outfit - everything about it is just perfect! We love it! We are looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful outfits.
    It's true what you've said about All Saints. Their clothes look so beautiful in magazines and on mannequins whereas in reality they are often confusing, strangely sized and awkward to style. They are still beautiful clothes though!
    Greetings from Ireland
    xxx
    Fifi & Niamh
    http://www.thewardrobewars.blogspot.com - take a look if you get a chance, we'd love your feedback - follow if you like what you see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...