Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Lusting After: Lace Biker

Image from Matches

What combination could be more divine than my favourite wardrobe staple, the biker jacket, and my favourite fabric, lace. This sublime creation is by Christopher Kane whose silk cloud print and velvet bikers were also items on my wish list if I ever won the lottery. Sigh! How happy the girl who could afford all three. But at £945 (which seems to be the going rate for a fabric biker from Kane) it is staying right there on the Matches website where I found it.

In the last couple of seasons the high street went silly cutting biker jackets out of all sorts of fabrics and I bought a great one in houndstooth tweed Mango did last winter. I am now kicking myself for not picking up a lovely one which was covered in black lace that they did in the same collection!

I was surprised that Topshop didn't produce a velvet biker last winter, especially as they did that wonderful collaboration with Kane.  Given their past penchant for producing lace blazers the UK high street would be missing a trick if it didn't produce a lace biker this season.  C'mon Topshop production team!  Get it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...