Friday, 16 July 2010

Zoe-bot


Rachel Zoe is a woman after my own heart and the Rachel Zoe aesthetic continues to influence summer dressing.  Lately I bought a seventies style cashmere mix strappy racer back maxi dress and a fluffy chiffon bolero, both from the Topshop Boutique range, both very Rachel.

This dress was recently featured in the latest Guardian's How to Dress video on maxi dresses (and by the way doesn't Jess Cartner-Morely look like she has been styled by Rachel herself in this video?). The feel of the fabric of this dress against your skin is so luxurious and soft due to the cashmere in the mix and it has a very relaxed yet glam LA starlet off-duty vibe.  I can get around not being able to wear a bra but still manage to show off the racer back and strap detail by teaming it with a black boob tube I have by Aussie label Metalicus. They do a great range of thin and clingy underpinnings, vests and and t-shirts perfect for this type of layering.  To get over the problem of being short I'll follow Jess's advice and wear a pair of wedges like my Reiss ones, a vintage black and gold belt to cinch it in at the waist and pull it up off the floor.  To accessorise I'll take a page from Rachel's style book and add some seventies style gold jewellery and my new shoulder bag.

The jacket reminded me of one I adored from one of Carrie's outfits in the first Sex in the City movie - a zip up bomber covered in chiffon roses.  I saw the original in Harrods and quickly ran away when I saw the price tag but have been keeping an eye out for a cheaper version since.  I missed out when Topshop first released this bolero as it sold out so quickly but they recently kindly re-released it.

Tonight I have a drinks function with a bunch of suits in the city.  While I fully intend to push the boat out and go dressed up in my new purchases in the style of Rachel the wind, rain and rapidly dropping temperature might have me reaching for a long cozy cardigan instead!!  Oh and look what I found on Polyvore - ha ha!  My new Marc by Marc Jacobs bag.  So courtesy of Polyvore - what I hope will be my outfit for tonight in honour of Rachel Zoe whose recent video brilliantly sending herself up still has me laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...