Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Talismans



Thought I would try my hand at my first "outfit of the day" today.  I am not sure I will be doing too many of these just because of the sheer effort required to get a decent photograph!

I have a lot of lovely trinkets that I don't make enough effort to wear so today I took some Rachel Zoe advice and structured an outfit around accessories.  Using these Hand of Fatima necklaces as my focal point this is what I came up with.

I'm prone to wearing a small talisman of some description on a simple thin chain for long periods of time as my only piece of jewellery.  Maybe it has to do with many years wearing a crucifix as a child.  For many years I wore a little coloured glass ball I got from a Buddhist monk in Thailand to ward off bad luck and evil spirits.  Later it was a vintage Victorian amethyst pendant which was a gift from my boyfriend.  

Since I have been spending a lot of time in Spain I have taken up wearing the Hand of Fatima which reminds me of many girlfriends there who all seem wear one.  In Spain I lived for a time in a street where there was a small wall mural of the all-seeing eye that used to watch you as you walked past.  Hence this Mawi charm necklace has become my latest talisman - it has both the Hand of Fatima and an Eye amulet and brings back fond memories of my time there.  I bought the small Hand of Fatima pendants in Accessorize and another as a gift for a close friend of mine in Spain, Claudia, whose birthday is the day after mine.  She gave me these earrings which are also talismans in a way - when I miss her I put them on to remind me of our friendship.

Large Hand of Fatima Charm Necklace with various charms by Mawi
Small Hand of Fatima Charm Necklace by Accessorize
Earrings a birthday present from Claudia
Suede Cutout Shorts by Kate Moss for Topshop
Grey Marl T-shirt by Cos
Cropped Embellished Waistcoat by Day Birger et Mikkelsen
Gem Embellished Leather Sandals by Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...