Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Givenchy Stripes

Image from www.style.com

One of my favourite weekend activities is catching up on Bill Cunningham's On The Street series.  Apparently New York is having a bit of a Graphic moment this summer.

This predilection for stripes may be the influence of the vision of designer Ricardo Tisci who sent geometric black and white stripes down the runway for Givenchy's Spring/Summer Ready to Wear collection on dresses, leggings, accessories and sharp jackets like the now almost iconic one pictured.

Image from Polyvore

I have a few stripey pieces in my closet already as I find they are always a very striking addition to an outfit.  But the Givenchy influence has infiltrated some of my recent purchase decisions too.  Vivienne Westwood Anglomania sported a number of draped striped pieces this season including jersey dresses and this linen skirt which I bought but still (shamefully) haven't worn.


I managed to exercise enough self discipline to hold off buying another striped dress.  Instead I have been wearing this striped dress from the Kate Moss for Topshop collection which I've had for a couple of years.  Its cute on its own or with skinny black jeans or leggings in cooler weather.


I couldn't resist picking up this strong shouldered striped jacket from Zara in the sales in Spain.  It is an obvious nod to the Givenchy jacket but has the added bonus that it doesn't come with a Givenchy price tag!  I've been wearing it to smarten up a slouchy tee with either my Black Rats or leather shorts.  Although it complements black and white pieces like the Givenchy runway look featured, I have found it is also great with dark blue jeans.  

Licorice Striped dress by Kate Moss for Topshop
Draped Stripe Skirt by Vivienne Westwood Anglomania
Strong Shouldered Blazer by Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...