Monday, 7 June 2010

Beach Days and Breton Stripes for Boys

Its hot.  Damn hot.

At least I am close to the coast so after a half hour drive I can be taking a dip in the sea to cool off.  I like wearing shorts to the beach and my uniform for beach days has been double denim over my bikini and a bright beach towel.

I was lacking proper beachwear basics until a couple of days ago.  My favourite turquoise bikini I brought over with me had to be ditched as I found the fabric on the ties was melting into a disturbing black goo which was threatening to stain my clothes.  Apart from the bikini I had arrived in Spain without most of my normal beach paraphernalia (flip flops, sarong, beach bag etc...) due to weight allowance.  I thought I would pick up some new ones cheaply in the local shops.  For the first few trips to the sea I was relying on my new espadrilles and shoulder bag to take me from town to beach as I didn't have time to shop around before a heatwave descended.  Luckily the Spanish fashion magazines have come to my rescue with a big beachwear giveaway at the moment.  My beach read and my beach wear sorted!

For yesterday's beach trip I swapped double denim for my new Kate Moss suede shorts along with a white tee, a freebie turquoise bikini which came with Spanish Elle and a pair of badly needed freebie flip flops which came Spanish InStyle.  I'm sure some other magazine must be giving away a beach bag and sarong and then my freebie beachwear look will be complete!

My boyfriend has been working a marine look lately.  I found this off white and navy Breton stripe v-necked tee for him in the menswear line HE by Mango.  It reminded me of the one the male models wear in the Jean Paul Gualtier perfume ads.  He has barely been out of it since.

Denim jacket by Sass and Bide
Ombre fringe tank by Kate Moss for Topshop
Distressed Denim Shorts by Zara
Espadrilles from local shop
Blush bag by Zara
His Breton striped tee by He Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...