Saturday, 29 May 2010

Kate Moss for Topshop Spring Summer 2010

It's not every one's cup of fashion tea but I have to admit to being a big fan of the Kate Moss for Topshop collections and that past purchases make up a substantial portion of my wardrobe.  Whenever she releases a collection there is big run on my bank account.  There are few collections I haven't snaffled up pieces from as I find there always things that suit me, that the designs never really pander to trends and I still get complements whenever I wear them a couple of seasons later.

Not everything is great - I did find her last Autumn Winter 2009/2010 collection a little lacklustre and bought just one piece, the ombre fringe tank.  This year it seemed she was just going to be doing nothing more with Topshop than a collection of jersey basics which in my opinion Cos and Zara are doing in better fabrics at better prices.  So just when I thought my bank account would be safe Kate has sprung back with an unashamedly pretty, feminine and vintage inspired collection for Spring Summer 2010.  The arrival date is usually on my radar well in advance but this time it appeared almost without warning.  Despite the absence of the normal fanfare that precedes her collections a lot of the pieces in this one had already sold out by the time I chanced upon it on the internet - and that was on the first day it was released!  I was lucky to get a couple of things after a second delivery online.  Thank God Topshop deliver to Spain!

These are the pieces I ended up buying: a vintage inspired embroidered cape, lace wrap maxi dress and suede cutwork shorts.


These are some of the things I would have liked to have added to my wardrobe if:
a) money were no object
b) they hadn't already sold out - the adorable lace trimmed velvet shorts, vintage white lace jacket, gorgeous embroidered silk cape and boned floral print blouse are cases in point
c) yellow suited me (it doesn't)
d) I didn't already own a mountain of feathered garments

Here's hoping there will be another drop online soon!


Photos from Vogue, Coutorture and Polyvore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...