Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Mango


If there is one high street store that dominates my wardrobe other than Topshop it is Mango.  The cut of the clothes has always suited me and their options for the office are fashionable, smart and never boring.  Frequent trips to Spain over the years have provided plenty of opportunity to shop at slightly lower prices (that is until the pound crashed against the euro!) and fill my suitcase with fashionable treats.  I would go so often to one particular shop in town that it got to the point where the shop assistants began to recognise me and greet me like a local.

Now in my self imposed exile from London with about ten percent of my wardrobe with me I am running low on clothes for a warmer climate.  As the hot weather has finally arrived here I am now too hot and sticky wearing my London tregs.  Due to the Icelandic volcano I had to cancel a brief return trip home which would have given me the opportunity to bring some more summery clothes back with me.  It was not to be.  The universe has decreed that I need to shop instead...

As I am in a small, quite traditional and generally sartorially challenged town in the south of Spain I am confined to getting my fashion thrills from such Spanish giants such as Mango, Zara, Bershka and Stradivarius.  At first I wondered if I would survive without Topshop but I needn't have worried.  This season in Spain there are plenty of thrills to be had and this blog might quickly turn into a catalouge of new additions to my wardrobe!

Out of all the competition I think Mango and Zara have come out on top.  Zara has some excellent tailored pieces and basics and has produced a brilliant take on the whole minimalist Celine look that is dominating every fashion editor's attention this season.  Mango is offering a fresh injection of colour, floral prints and feminine details such as ruffles and lace for Spring.  I came away from the local shop wanting to throw away all my black and grey clothes.  They have also produced a belted sleeveless trench dress modelled in their store catalogues by Scarlett Johansson which is very Burberry and which I am dying to try on.  Quite a testimonial given that I couldn't think of anything more useless to have in your wardrobe than a sleeveless trench dress!

Mango's silk pieces this season are worth a look.  I came away with this vibrantly colourful and elegantly draped silk skirt with a luxurious side tie which promises to keep me cool on hot days.  The silk has a Moorish floral print reminiscent of the walls of the Alhambra and the skirt and tie are lined in a contrasting shade of periwinkle, a blue-violet shade which features heavily in their collection and a very popular colour on the street here at the moment.  I'll be dressing it down for day with a cotton t-shirt and flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...