Saturday, 3 April 2010

Leather Shorts

stylesightings leather shorts
Photo from Stylesightings.

Photo from Jak & Jil.

Lanvin Pre Fall 2010 Leather Shorts. Photo from style.com

Yes.  I admit it.  I bought a pair.
I am not oblivious to the fact that this could go horribly wrong.  Perhaps in the future this will be my the subject of the next "What was I thinking?" moment but in the meantime they have been deemed de riguer in fashionable circles and have actually been featured in designer collections since AW 2009.  They have been doing the rounds on fashion blogs with photographs of celebrities and fashion editors wearing them and have been shown various degrees of enthusiasm both very much for and also very much against them.  In the right hands I think they can look both edgy and classy as demonstrated by the above images.

Oasis has done some great leather pieces recently and today I caved in and bought their tailored black leather shorts with a stitched waistband and turn up cuffs (pictured below with a few fantasy versions of things in my closet). They are more of the ilk of the Lanvin ones in cut than hotpants. I don't like the high waisted look favoured by the likes of Chloe Sevigny as much for myself and I certainly can't wear a super short length or do the nude leg (opaque tights for me). I bought them a size up so they sit below my waist and that way they also give me an extra forgiving inch or so of leg length.  Now lets see if I have the courage to wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...