Monday, 29 March 2010

New Purchase: Spring Lace


Connotations of fusty old ladies be damned.  I unapologetically adore lace.  So this lace jacket by Karen Millen which has been featured in a lot of press in the run up to Spring was always going to make it into my closet.  The lace reminds me of the lace-themed AW 08/09 collection by Prada which I loved.  The design is very similar to a jacket Stella McCartney has done this season but sells for about a 10th of the price.  I'm a sucker for a puffed sleeve and love the combination of the black lace overlaid on a pale grey lining.  The first run completely sold out within days and thankfully they have delivered a second lot to stores.

A little research on the web into the process behind the design of this jacket has revealed that the scalloped eyelash lace is constructed on 200 year old looms by artisanal producers in France.  (I like a little romance woven into my clothes.)  Although it is currently being styled up in the press with distressed denim and t-shirts to tone down its evening wear aspect it will also be the perfect cover up for a little black dress at a formal event and I am sure I will be pulling this out of my wardrobe for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for your comments! Please be aware that comment moderation is on to weed out the spammers and I can only check comments once a day, so please don't worry if you don't see your comment come up at first - it is probably there and will be up later xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...